Learn how to configure W3 Total Cache WordPress Plugin for better website speed and loading time. With the changing time, website speed and loading time have become a more important factor for better user experience…
Is your website have truly responsive layout? I mean, on how many different screen sizes you have checked? Whether your website looks presentable on mobile devices (like smartphones, tablets etc.) and computer devices of different screen sizes. Explore facts about truly responsive design.
In this article, I will outline some interesting facts that might be eye opening for you. If you are ignoring a large share of your readers using mobile device (includes smartphone, tablets etc) to browse internet and of course your website too. How important it is to have responsive layout design for a blog or website. Nowadays why responsive design has become necessary for your blog or website.
Importance of Responsive Design Layout
I usually suggest to ask the question to yourself, before you Google it. In this case if you browse some website using your phone and website looks ugly on your phone. Or content (include images, text and videos etc.) of the website is not presentable on your phone screen. Surely you will get off from the website early. And look forward to search an alternative, right. So this is first reason why you should have responsive layout for your website. There are other reasons too —
- Globally mobile phone internet penetration was 73.4% in 2013 and is likely to be 90% till 2017 says an article published in Statista.
- There are many people who use more than one device (like PC, table, mobile etc.) to browse internet. And there is a great chance that someone will browse your website using his PC too, if his user experience was good with your website, when he browse it using his phone and vice-versa.
Simply, if your website looks good on different devices, it’s a good sign to make some loyal readers. They will keep coming back to your website.
- Mobile monetization, this is another major reason for which you should have a responsive layout design for your website. If your website’s layout adapts well on different screen sizes, it‘ll surely help to increase your mobile ad conversions. And thus increase in overall revenue from the website.
- According to an article by CNN Money, mobile device (includes smartphone, tablets etc.) internet users were more in number than that of Personal Computer (PC) in United States once in 2014.
The article shows that number of people browse internet using mobile devices is more than the number of people browse internet by PCs (Personal Computers).
- As I mentioned above responsive layout design not only help to make loyal and returning readers. But it also contribute to increase overall number of visitors to your website. And improves engagement time & bounce rate of website too.
These are a few reasons why you should have a truly responsive layout design, if you don’t have one. Now the question is, where and how you can test whether a website is truly responsive or not.
How to Test Responsive Layout Design of Your Website
Simple answer might be – just Google it. But here I wanna share something, what I observed, some of responsive layout test websites are too bulky in size and take a lot of time and effort to test a webpage. On the other side some are quick enough but not accurate. So I ask you give a shot to Responsive Design Test by TrulyBlogger (or you can use traditional responsive design test website responsivetest.net ). Using this test tool by TrulyBlogger, you can precisely test responsive layout design of your website or blog, even on moderate internet speed.
How to Make Your WordPress Website Responsive
In WordPress, responsive layout design can be attain by two methods:
- Using Responsive WordPress Themes — There are many responsive themes available in WordPress theme directory. But I recommend you to use WordPress theme by reliable and mature developer. As a bad or malicious theme can ruin all of your effort to make a success blog or website. You can give Themify WordPress Themes a try, they are really good. Themify offers few free themes and free trial of their awesome premium themes as well.
- Using WordPress Plugins — A WordPress mobile site plugin makes WordPress theme (regardless the responsive layout of the theme) layout responsive for mobile devices. WPtouch Mobile Plugin, Jetpack, Duda Mobile Website Builder are the name few plugins to make your theme responsive. My favorite is WPtouch Mobile Plugin. As it offers a lot customization options.
Hope, you‘ll find this post informative and useful. Let me know about your experience using Responsive Design Test by TrulyBlogger. Which WordPress theme you wanna recommend to beginners. Or which mobile site plugin you use for WordPress. Feel free to ask a question about the article. I‘ll be happy to listen from you.