When it comes to choosing the Best Managed WordPress Hosting, only a few hosting providers come to mind. Kinsta WordPress Hosting is one of those hosting providers that offer excellent services without breaking your wallet. It provides a scalable solution which can suit anyone who is looking to expand its business to a new horizon.
In this article, we will be reviewing Kinsta hosting. If you are not new to the business, you already know how important it is to choose the “right” hosting for the success of your online business.
If you are an established business, a growing startup or a pro blogger, using WordPress (self-hosted), you would need a managed WordPress hosting for the growth of your online business.
As you know that Kinsta is a managed WordPress hosting, it will provide you the best possible hosting experience.
However, it would be a great idea if we first understand, what is managed WordPress hosting and why you should migrate to a managed WordPress hosting and when.
What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
Managed WordPress hosting is WordPress optimized. This means that the hosting provider specializes in WordPress. They have all the necessary knowledge and tools to manage WordPress.
In return, you as a buyer will get a hosting environment that is fine-tuned to perform at its best for WordPress. As a user, you will get updates, proper speeds, backups, scalability, and much more!
Managed WordPress Hosting is a completely hassle-free experience. You also get proper premium support. In short, it is the best of “WordPress hosting”, but does come with its own cost.
Should you Migrate to Managed WordPress Hosting? If so, When?
Managed WordPress Hosting is an excellent choice for anyone who is starting a WordPress website. But, it is not an ideal solution for everyone out there!
Shared hosting offers more value for smaller businesses and individuals. But, if you are a startup, freelancer, or a business who wants the best hosting solution for your growing online business, managed hosting is for you.
By choosing a managed hosting, you get a plethora of benefits.
- Optimized high-performance
- Great support
- Regular backups
- Customized security
- Premium DNS and server locations
And much more!
Clearly, managed hosting has a lot to offer. If you are using a non-managed hosting and is not getting the promised service, then you should check out managed WordPress hosting.
It provides you the peace of mind and also ensures that there is no technical hurdle during your growth.
Things to Consider Before Migrating to Managed WordPress Hosting
Impressive, you decided to move to Managed WordPress Hosting! Now, what? Should you buy managed hosting for your WordPress website?
Nope, you don’t. Like anything else, you should also make an informed decision. Making an informed decision will ensure that you do not regret later.
- Speed and Optimization: If you are looking for Speed and Optimization, then Managed WordPress Hosting is a great choice.
- Cost: Managed hosting generally cost more than shared hosting. Before you decide, you should check your budget. Asking yourself questions such as Would it add value to my website? or Will I able to sustain the cost for X period of months?
- Web Hosting Experience: If you are new to the whole hosting idea, then managed hosting can be an excellent pick for you.
- Reliable Support: Managed WordPress Hosting offers reliable support. It is ideal for websites that run eCommerce, real-time business, high-traffic websites and so on.
Keeping all these in mind will enable you to make the decision. If you are still confused, we recommend reading more online guides to make up your mind.
Kinsta Hosting Review – Why Migrate to Best Managed WordPress Hosting
Kinsta Hosting is no joke. It has been a top performer, and it is evident from the fact that it has hit the top ranks 5 years in a row (as per their blog post).
Mark Gavalda is the mind behind Kinsta. He founded the company in December 2013 and made it public early 2014. From there, they grew exponentially.
Features – Kinsta Managed WordPress Hosting
Kinsta is a feature-rich hosting platform. Let’s find out by going through its feature one by one.
1. Role of Google Cloud Platform – A Great Architecture
To provide the best performance possible for a hosting provider, Kinsta has partnered with one of the leaders in cloud service provider, the Google Cloud Platform.
Google Cloud is known for its features, including the ability to scale in seconds, container support, blazing fast networks, and so on. The use of container technology has opened up new ways for Kinsta to manage and improve their hosting service.
A container is a virtualized space within a server with its own software and applications. Orchestration solution manages and scales the containers whenever needed.
Also, each WordPress container consists of its own PHP, MySQL, and Nginx. The infrastructure of Google Cloud Platforms plays a crucial role in its speed and performance. You can also choose from 20 server locations, giving you options in every possible way.
2. Installation and Staging
As Kinsta is a managed hosting, you will get WordPress pre-installed on your instance. You can do the one-click install and set it up.
But, what makes Kinsta unique is its one-click staging environment. Yes, you can set up staging with one-click. It adds value to the owner to create a development environment and add changes.
A restore option is available if something goes wrong. You also get backups at the staging area.
3. Kinsta Dashboard
Kinsta offers a user-friendly dashboard to its users. Unlike cPanel, Kinsta dashboard is beaming with modern UI and information that really matters to you.
You can quickly glance over the health of the website, learn how much resources your instance is taking, see invoice and much more!
The dashboard is crafted keeping users in mind, and that ultimately reflects in their design philosophy.
4. Kinsta Hosting Customer Support
Kinsta offers support that “cares” for you. If you have any problem with your hosting or website, their support will be the first to assist you.
All you need to do is connect with them through “no waiting lines.” Yes, you get instant access to their support that is available 24/7. Skilled WordPress experts offer support to users.
5. Free SSL and Security
If you use Kinsta, you make yourself eligible for a free SSL certificate. Moreover, you do not need an expert to install it for you. The dashboard lets you install the SSL in a matter of few clicks.
Let’s Encrypt, a free SSL service provides the free SSL certificates.
Once done, your website will now be redirected through HTTPS. It means that the data transmitted between the server and the user stay secure.
To install it, you need to go to your site > Tools > Enable HTTPS > “Let’s Encrypt.”
This also leads us to the security aspect.
Kinsta Hosting knows that security is essential. That’s why they take every measure to protect your website against third-party malicious attacks well. They use DDoS detection, hardware firewalls, uptime monitoring, and much more!
Kinsta WordPress Hosting Plans
Kinsta WordPress Managed Solutions starts from $30/month. To get a better idea of what they have to offer, let’s go through the plans below:
- Starter: $30/month, 1 WordPress install, 20,000 visits, 5 GB disk space, Free SSL and CDN
- Pro: $60/month, 2 WordPress installs, 40,000 visits, 10 GB disk space, Free SSL and CDN
- Business 1: $100/month, 5 WordPress install, 100,000 visits, 15 GB disk space, Free SSL, and CDN. They have more Business related plans that offer more WordPress install, visits, and space.
- Enterprise 1: The enterprise plans start from 60 WordPress installs at $600/month and goes up to 150 WordPress installs.
As you can see all their plans comes with free SSL and CDN. Want to know what else they offer? Check out their plans page.
It also offers a risk-free usage for 30 days with a money back guarantee.
Kinsta Dashboard Overview
Kinsta Dashboard’s UI is very intuitive and easy to work with. We are taking you through some of their dashboard options & how-to.
1. Site Settings and Options
Info – Basics details like Data center location, directory path of site, Current external IP address, etc.
Backups – All the backup settings and options.
- Clear site cache: use this option to clear site cache and see the most updated version of the site.
- SSL certificate: enable/disable free Let’s Encrypt certificate to add HTTPS to your site
- Force HTTPS: Use this option to redirect all the visitors through HTTPS to visit your site.
- PHP engine: It allows you to switch between PHP versions.
- Restart PHP: Use this to restart PHP engine to fix general speed or connectivity issues.
- New Relic monitoring: New Relic, PHP monitoring tool comes inbuilt for detailed performance statistics monitoring of your website.
- Search and replace: This is useful to replace any value in your database.
Redirects – Set redirect rules to avoid 404 errors.
WP Plugins – Here is a list of all installed WordPress plugins.
IP Deny – Use this to block specific IPs to prevent spamming or hacking activities.
Kinsta CDN – Use it to enable/disable Kinsta CDN on your site.
2. How to Add a Domain in Kinsta Hosting
Before installing WordPress on Kinsta, you have to add a domain first. You can easily add a domain
- Login to your Kinsta Dashboard.
- Head over to Kinsta DNS > Add Your First Domain/ Add Domain.
- Enter the domain name and then hit Add Domain. That’s it.
Then you need to change the Name-servers to the added domain.
3. How to install WordPress in Kinsta
Once you added a domain to Kinsta, now you’re ready to install WordPress.
- In Kinsta Dashboard navigate to Sites > Add Your First Site/ Add Site.
- Choose a data center location.
- Enter Site Name, Domain Name, WordPress setup details like admin username, password & email.
- Select the language of the installation.
- Finally, click Add Site.
4. How to Enable SSL/HTTPS in Kinsta WordPress Hosting
To enable SSL on a domain hosted on Kinsta:
- Navigate to Sites > Site Name > Tools.
- Choose Enable SSL > Generate free SSL certificate under SSL Certificate.
- Select the domain to generate the SSL certificate.
- Then click Generate Certificate.
5. How to setup CDN in Kinsta Managed Hosting
- Go to Sites > Site Name > Tools.
- Then head over to Kinsta CDN,
- Finally, click Enable CDN.
6. How to Manage Backups in Kinsta WordPress Hosting
You can manage Backups from the Backup option under the Site menu. You choose and schedule backups. Also, you can access already generated backups from this area itself.
7. How to request Site Migration to Kinsta
- In Kinsta Dashboard navigate to Migrations and,
- Then click Request migration to proceed.
Kinsta Managed Hosting Performance
We performed three tests on a fresh WordPress installation hosted on Kinsta. And we’re glad and excited to share the results with you. Because these results will certainly give you a glimpse of Kinsta’s performance. Also, these results will help you to make an informed purchase decision.
Performance Test Results of Kinsta Managed WordPress Hosting –
1. Google PageSpeed Insights
The overall Google PageSpeed Insights score for both Mobile and Desktop test was 99 out of 100. It took 1.8 sec to start loading the website as per the result. See the image below for details.
2. Pingdom Test
The demo WordPress site of 46.8 KB loads in just 449 ms with 8 requests, which is quite impressive. For real-world performance, it could vary, however, it can load your content-heavy blog under 1 sec.
GTmetrix performance results also showing similar outcomes. The same demo site was loaded completely in 376 ms and it scores ‘A’ in performance. Follow the image for more information.
How does Kinsta Hosting fair against other WordPress Managed Hosting providers?
Kinsta stands itself out from the other WordPress Managed Hosting in many ways.
- It is blazing fast due to Google Cloud Platform.
- It has an amazing dashboard that will always keep you connected with your website.
- Kinsta is well-known for its security.
- They offer one of the best customer support out there.
If you are looking for the best Managed WordPress Hosting, then Kinsta is all you need.
They provide free migration service so that you can transfer your website.
Moreover, Google Cloud Platform manages its servers, which adds credibility to the platform. Their 30-days money-back guarantee also gives you ample time to try out their service with peace of mind.
In short, if you are looking for a premium Managed WordPress hosting with an affordable cost, you cannot go wrong with Kinsta at all. So, what do you think about Kinsta Hosting? Comment below and let us know.
You might like reading: