Are you looking for the best shared web hosting for your WordPress website? Here we are going to compare the best WordPress shared hosting services for PageSpeed by reviewing their features, performance, and value for money proposition.
Selecting the best hosting service provider is one of the most important aspects of a successful online presence.
Your visibility and ranking on search engines as well as your website’s user experience largely depend on the hosting service provider that you choose.
Shared web hosting refers to a scenario where you use a server (host) together with other users running their websites using the same server hardware.
This means that every user (each website) use a portion of the physical server resources. A single physical server is used to host multiple websites sharing the same hosting resources. Read more about it here.
Users on the WordPress shared web hosting environment cannot actually determine the co-users they are sharing the physical server with.
However, each user is given a portion with a limit of resources that can be utilized depending on their payment packages or plans.
Shared hosting is the most popular web hosting option especially for beginners or those who are just starting out.
- Users prefer the shared hosting method due to the fact that it is the cheapest hosting option in the market today.
- The prices range from as low as $3 to $10 per month depending on the different hosting service providers.
If you are planning to create a website and looking for the best WordPress shared hosting environment for your website, it is imperative that you learn the ins-and-outs of a shared hosting service.
Most shared web hosting service providers offer multiple hosting plans/packages. This means that it is possible for you to upgrade (or downgrade) your web hosting plan.
Due to the fact that you are sharing hosting resources with other websites, you may experience the slow speed as compared to sites hosted on top-notch but expensive web hosting. But for a startup site with no busy traffic, this is fine.
However, with the option to upgrade, this is a perfect starting point for your website.
Additional advantages of WordPress shared hosting include;
- A built-in cPanel is provided to ensure that you manage your site with ease.
- You do not need to perform any technical maintenance to the server from your side. Because this is factored in as part of your web hosting plan and charges by default.
When starting out, it is difficult to tell the best WordPress shared hosting service provider in the market.
Because there are very many (hundreds) web hosting companies in the market today to choose from.
Even if you narrow your list to the most popular ones today, it is still difficult to choose one shared hosting for WordPress that actually meets your budget and serves your particular needs.
To help you select the best shared hosting service provider, we have combed the market and provided you with a perfect comparison of the best WordPress shared hosting companies.
But before we diving into this, and whichever the company you settle for, it must fulfill the following three important basic requirements;
In order to finalize a best shared hosting provider for WordPress, we believe that shared hosting provider should meet the following criteria;
- Excellent Load time (Speed): The server company must ensure that your website loads fast in order to offer your audiences the best user-experience.
- Outstanding Uptime (Site Availability): Your hosting company must ensure that your website is always up and available to your users. Speed and uptime boost your search engine ranking.
- Reliable Customer Support: This is important because you will need that web hosting service company to resolve any arising issues in a fast and reliable manner.
- Value for Money: The shared hosting price should not be higher than $140 per year, because you can get a managed WordPress hosting after that price range.
The following are the best shared hosting service providers in the market. Let’s dive into and review the best WordPress shared hosting service for PageSpeed by comparing their pros & cons and find our which WordPress shared hosting is best for you.
Bluehost: Best Website Hosting Services 2019
If you are looking for full hosting functionalities on a tight budget, then BlueHost is the company to go for.
BlueHost is one of the most popular shared hosting service providers in the market today. The company offers great hosting packages to both businesses and individuals.
You can choose from four hosting plans of Basic, Plus, Choice Plus, and Pro.
The best thing about this web hosting service is that it is tied on a package payable annually, biannually and triennially.
In this way, you can choose a plan that ranges from $7.99 to $25.99. With the current offer, the basic plan goes for only $3.95 per month.
Read our full review of BlueHost Shared Web Hosting below.
BlueHost Shared Web Hosting Pros
- The company offers additional promotions and special offers to customers in their initial hosting stages.
- BlueHost Hosting is recommended by WordPress.org.
- Additionally, BlueHost is secure, reliable and fast. This means that you do not have to worry about downtimes or website security.
- Unmetered bandwidth for all hosting plans.
- Auto SSL on all plans.
- One free domain registration for all customers for 1st year.
- Easy WordPress setup.
BlueHost Shared Web Hosting Cons
- You can only pay the package for the full term you choose, no monthly payments.
- Maximum discounts are only accessible for the three-year term plan.
- No email support, only through live chat.
- Expensive renewal fee.
Undoubtedly, BlueHost is one of the most trusted and recommended shared web hosting for WordPress.
However, if you have any kind of reservation or bad experience with BlueHost, I would suggest you explore SiteGround as the best alternative to BlueHost shared hosting.
So, let’s learn about SiteGround shared WordPress hosting in detail.
SiteGround: Web Hosting Services Crafted with Care
The second popular WordPress shared hosting service provider on this list is SiteGround.
It does not matter which web hosting plan you choose; you will get super fast speed hosting technologies and water-tight website security with SiteGround managed WordPress shared hosting.
The company offers three managed WordPress shared hosting packages of StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek plans.
The StartUp package costs a special price of $3.95 per month and comes loaded with all the essential features that you may need for a standard website.
However, you will get a free Site-Builder and free SSL certificate for your single website. Also, comes with easy and one-click Cloudflare CDN integration direct from cPanel. Learn more about the best free CDN services for WordPress here.
Additionally, if you are looking for premium and geeky features, you can have them with the two other packages that go for $5.95 and $11.95 per month respectively.
Learn more about SiteGround below in our in-depth review.
SiteGround Shared WordPress Hosting Pros
- Fast page speed hosting service.
- Dynamic Cache and Memcache.
- All packages come with free WordPress installation.
- Great website security.
- Free SSL for all the sites.
- Easy website and domain management.
- Good and reliable customer support.
SiteGround Shared WordPress Hosting Cons
- Limitations when it comes to website space.
- The basic StartUp package has limitations for only one website.
- The company limits the space even for the Geeky package to 30 GB.
Because of its features and reliability, I consider SiteGround as the best alternative for Bluehost hosting. However, apart from these two; there is another hosting service which is recommended by WordPress.org is DreamHost, a great alternative to BlueHost.
DreamHost | Web Hosting For Your Purpose
Next popular shared web hosting service provider is DreamHost. The company hosts more than 1.5 million professional websites worldwide.
The DreamHost company has been in existence for the last 25 years, have earned a name in the market for its speed and consistency. This makes the company confident with their services. That is the reason why you will get a 97-day money-back guarantee to test DreamHost web hosting services.
The company offers two web hosting plans that they call Shared Starter and Shared Unlimited. The two packages start from $2.59 per month and $5.95 per month respectively.
The only downside here is that you need to add $1.67 per month if you want to add emails on the Starter package. However, you will enjoy unlimited email addresses with the unlimited package.
Additionally, there are quite a number of advantages of DreamHost shared web hosting as you will discover;
DreamHost Shared Web Hosting Pros
- Fast and secure web hosting plans.
- Both plans have free SSL certificates which are good for security and SEO.
- Free WordPress installation on both packages.
- Free domain on both plans.
- Has month, year and 3-year payment plans.
- Unlimited web traffic for both plans.
DreamHost Shared Web Hosting Cons
- Limited client support.
- Hard to migrate from other hosts to DreamHost.
- DreamHost also chargers transfer from another host.
- Not very good live support.
- Customers will not get a cPanel, as they use an in-house one.
Like I earlier said that the great deal about DreamHost shared hosting is its speed and consistency and so feel free to choose DreamHost for your next project.
Another managed WordPress shared hosting service is NameCheap, a popular choice for both business and home shared hosting.
The company offers a secure platform where you can comfortably and cost-efficiently host your dream website.
With over three million customers and counting, NameCheap is a popular choice for many reasons.
The company is popular with hosting customers because it offers quite a number of free products and services to the customers like a cPanel for complete website control and management.
Additionally, NameCheap offers great website performance, support, security, and uptime.
NameCheap has three shared web hosting plans of Stellar, Stellar Plus and Stellar Business. They go for $2.88, $4.88 and $8.88 per month respectively.
Let’s discuss a few pros and cons of NameCheap managed WordPress shared hosting.
NameCheap Shared Hosting Pros
- Unlimited website space (bandwidth).
- Free domain and website privacy protection features.
- WordPress and other free website builders.
- 50 Positive SSL certificates for your websites.
- Three websites for the cheapest package.
- Automatic website backups for Stellar Plus and Stellar Business.
- Free migration from other hosting companies.
- Excellent and cost-effective hosting plans.
NameCheap Shared Hosting Cons
Comparably, the company has the following shortcomings;
- Not excellent in uptime.
- Slow loading speeds.
- Poor customer care and support.
If you are looking for a value for money managed WordPress shared web hosting, NameCheap is a good choice for you.
However, if you are still in need of a lower price shared hosting which does not suck, you should explore the A2 Hosting. I am going to talk A2 Hosting below.
Next shared WordPress hosting provider on this list is A2 Hosting, a popular hosting company for small business and bloggers.
The company offer great shared web hosting plans for both new entrants in the market and experienced website developers.
There is a plan for everyone at A2 Hosting.
Additionally, the company offers free migration from other web hosts to A2 Hosting. The performance at A2 hosting is great, the security is superb, but the uptime is at par with the industry.
The company offers three shared web hosting plans to its customers.
We have Lite, Swift and Turbo plans for you to choose from. The plans start from $2.96, $3.70 to $7.03 respectively.
In addition to getting unlimited websites (for Swift and Turbo but Lite has only one), you will get the following other niceties;
A2 Hosting Shared Hosting Pros
- Unmetered bandwidth for all plans.
- Free SSL and SSD for all plans.
- Easy and free migration from other hosts.
- cPanel for easy site control and management.
- Great customer support and 24/7 live support.
- 20x faster site speed with “Turbo” technology.
A2 Hosting Shared Hosting Cons
- High renewal rates.
- Not that excellent uptime.
- Too much restriction on the introductory (Lite) plan. This is especially lack of “Turbo” that makes your site up to 20 times faster.
It offers an anytime money-back guarantee for all packages. But there is a catch, you can get your money for the unused portion of your hosting only after you decide to leave.
InMotion Hosting | WordPress Hosting: Secure, Fast, & Reliable
Next is InMotion Hosting, one of the most popular web hosting companies in the world today.
The company offers great hosting packages that many associates with business class. However, InMotion Hosting offers WordPress hosting services to both companies, businesses, individuals and anyone else in between.
With InMotion Hosting, you can rest assured that you will get a great deal for your money. The performance, uptime, load speeds and security features are just superb with InMotion Hosting.
However, you might notice a mediocre page loading speed with the basic plan, I recommend you to use this guide Increase PageSpeed with htaccess to optimize your site speed in no time.
The company offers three shared web hosting plans called Launch, Power, and Pro. The plans start from $6.39, $8.49 to $14.71 per month respectively.
With InMotion Hosting, you get free domain and SSL certificate on all hosting plans.
Apart from Launch and Power plans where you are limited to only two and six websites respectively, the Pro plan gives you the ability to host an unlimited number of websites.
Other additional features include the following;
InMotion WordPress Hosting Pros
- Fast speeds (servers).
- Good uptime.
- Excellent website security.
- Unlimited emails, bandwidth and disk space on all hosting plans.
- cPanel for easy site management.
- Free backups.
- Free site migration to InMotion Hosting.
- Excellent customer support.
InMotion WordPress Hosting Cons
- To get the discounts associated with hosting, you have to sign up for 24 months hosting.
- The tedious verification process on signup. They need to verify your identity for security reasons. This is done on the phone. You also need to send your identity card. This may be a turn off especially for customers outside the United States.
- Some hidden limitations. This is especially to do with site backups. There is a charge when you go beyond their stipulations.
InMotion Hosting is overall a better deal if you compare it with the similar plans of DreamHost. However, they have less experience and customer based in comparison.
HostGator | Website Hosting Services – Easy & Secure Hosting
Last but not least by any means, HostGator is one of the most popular, one of the oldest and one of the most respected shared hosting service providers in the world.
The hosting service provider has strong performance points, great security, and excellent customer support.
If you are looking for a reliable shared hosting provider in the market, HostGator is a perfect choice for you.
The company offers three great shared hosting packages for you to choose from depending on your hosting needs.
These are Hatchling, Baby and Business plans.
HostGator is one of the cheapest options because the plans go for $2.75, 3.95 and $5.95 per month respectively. However, the renewal prices are comparably higher.
Apart from the Hatchling plan, all other plans come with an unlimited number of websites.
Additionally, you will get other great features once you are on board.
HostGator WordPress Shared Hosting Pros
- One-click installations of popular CMSs like WordPress.
- Free SSL certificates on all packages.
- A free domain for one year is included in all hosting plans.
- Unmetered bandwidth on all hosting packages.
- Additional security and backup features on the Business plan.
HostGator WordPress Shared Hosting Cons
- Slow page loads with initial plans.
- Additional fees for backups.
- Hidden industry tricks like you need to pay for three years in order to get the cheapest advertised hosting value.
HostGator can be a good alternative to DreamHost and BlueHost. But I would recommend you to keep it lower on your priority list of shared hosting for WordPress.
We are happy to provide you with balanced reviews of the most popular and best shared WordPress web hosting service providers in the market today.
Most of these companies offer the best value for your money shared hosting plans. It is therefore important to choose only the ones that truly offer cost-effective, fast and secure shared web hosting service.
Additionally, you need to choose the shared hosting which offers a secure platform and excellent customer support for your web hosting needs.
I would personally recommend you to first priorities your best shared hosting list based on your project requirements and budget.
Hope you find the list of best WordPress shared hosting interesting and informational. And hope that will definitely help you to make an informed decision.
Which hosting service provider do you use for your sites, or you have any other recommendation to make.
Do let us know via the comment section below, we would be happy to see your reference.
What is WordPress Shared Hosting?
Shared hosting referred to an affordable web hosting which you share with other website owners. That means web hosting storage is shared by more than one hosting users to host their websites. However, the users cannot access/read the files and data of other uses. Since the server is optimized for WordPress on a shared hosting, the hosting providers offer shared hosting as WordPress shared hosting.
How to Choose Best Shared Hosting for WordPress?
Best Shared Hosting provider for WordPress should offer the (1) excellent page load time, (2) outstanding uptime, (3) reliable customer support, and (4) value for money hosting.
Which is the Best WordPress Shared Hosting?
Well, in our in-depth comparison, we found that DreamHost and BlueHost offers the best WordPress shared hosting, however, there is another hosting which tops the list. Read the full article to find out.
Interesting reads, you might found useful –