Wondering why your WordPress site is still snail slow to load despite trying out every obscure speed optimization plugin out there? Probably you must switch to one of the Best CDN Services for WordPress. Well, to ease your search, I have compiled the Best CDN providers for WordPress, and also highlighted their key features, pricing plans, and method to integrate it seamlessly with your WP site.
Search engines scorn slow-loading sites and can chuck them out of their SERPs (Search Engine Ranking Pages) in the blink of an eye. So if your site is a slowpoke, speed it up!
But before digging into the details, let’s discuss, How does a CDN boost your site’s loading speed?
Nowadays, several CDN service provider for WordPress are available and most of the good CDN service providers are Paid. However, there are few CDN providers for WordPress are available for Free, checkout here or continue reading for best CDN Service provider for WordPress.
Here the some of the Best CDN Services for WordPress that you must take a look!
KeyCDN strives to provide their CDN services to as many users as possible, while also keeping the costs as low as possible. It offers a great service at affordable pricing compared to their competitors.
- Flexible and affordable pricing plans – KeyCDN offers a simple, ‘pay as you go policy’, that is you only pay for the amount of bandwidth that you use. 1 GB of bandwidth from this service only costs you $0.04!
- Extensive POPs (Points of Presence) – It has 25 geographically dispersed POPs that speeds up your site by serving your visitors from their nearest servers. Their powerful POPs are distributed across America, Europe, Oceania, and Asia. You can buy as many POPs as you want to speed up your site depending on where your traffic is coming from.
- Optimized for the search engines –This platform also integrates two vital SEO features to your site – Robots.txt and Canonical URLs. These features can help boost your site’s search rankings.
- Easy to setup and use – You can start using KeyCDN services in just 3 easy steps – 1) Selecting a Zone type, 2) Creating your Zone and 3) Integrating CDN with your website. Easier said than done, the whole setup process and more are explained in detail on their website.
- Secure website – Integrating this service also makes your site secure with their free offering of SSL certificate and other security features such as Secure Token Links, Bad Bots Blocking, and Two-factor Authentication.
- Round-the-clock help and support – This service offer support staff is available 24/7 via email, Skype, and phone to resolve your issues.
The company offers 30 days free trial period! And you have 5 plans to choose from.
- 1 – 100 GB bandwidth/traffic with 25 POPs at $4
- 2 – 500 GB bandwidth/traffic with 25 POPs at $20
- 3 – 1 TB bandwidth/traffic with 25 POPs at $40
- 4 – 5 TB bandwidth/traffic with 25 POPs at $200
- 5 – 10 TB bandwidth/traffic with 25 POPs at $400
You can easily integrate KeyCDN with your WordPress site using the CDN Enabler WP plugin. Here is the detailed step-by-step guide to easily help you configure the plugin to work with this platform.
MaxCDN is another reputed CDN service provider that’s popular among WordPress bloggers familiar with CDN. It is one of the best CDN providers for WordPress sites that provide excellent service at low cost.
- Numerous POPs – MaxCDN has numerous POPs across the world spread out in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. They have one POP in Sao Paulo in South America as well.
- SSD Servers – Fast-tracked by the efficient Anycast routing, their POP servers are 100% SSD and placed at strategic high traffic locations. Additional servers can be added if required.
- Easy-to-use and Total Control– MaxCDN platform is easy to set up and use. Their control panel allows you to take total control of your domain by changing how your content is cached at various locations, generate reports on usage, and so on.
- 24/7 Support and Security – MaxCDN is at your service to resolve your CDN issues round-the-clock and offers security to your resources via secure token and two-factor authentication.
There are three plans available at MaxCDN. The basic plan, dubbed ‘Entrepreneur’ starts at $9/month and offers up to 1TB bandwidth.
The ‘Professional’ plan starts at $299/month offers bandwidth of up to 25TB.
And the third one is the ‘Custom’ package where you pay per Gigabyte. The custom support also features 24/7 dedicated VIP support, dedicated account manager, and additional zones.
There are multiple ways in which you can integrate MaxCDN services with your WP site. To get started, please refer to this tutorial page, where MaxCDN support team walks you through each method in a detailed, step-by-step manner.
With 116 data centers (POPs) across the world, CloudFlare is another leading CDN service provider that you must try out. CloudFlare claims to double-up your site speed, make it more secure and also decrease the requests by 65 % and bandwidth usage by 65%. It offers a zero dollar (or Free) account along with their premium plans.
Extensive POPs – CloudFlare offers 116 POPs (data centers) that are geographically dispersed across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Oceania, China, Middle East, and Africa.
Improved Performance and Security – With such widespread distribution of data centers they provide better performance to your websites. Every data center also offers several security features that make your website almost fool-proof to online threats.
Analytics – CloudFlare also offers an easy to use analytics interface to closely keep track of your site’s performance.
Hotlink Protection – CloudFlare platform prevents other websites from directly linking to your files i.e. Image Hotlinking . This also minimizes your bandwidth usage.
CloudFlare offers four different pricing plans.
- A free account for personal websites and blogs
- Pro Account ($20/month/domain) for professional websites
- Business Account ($200/month/domain) for small eCommerce sites and businesses
- Enterprise account for businesses seeking enterprise-level performance and security.
The best way to integrate CloudFlare CDN platform to your WordPress site is by installing this WordPress plugin.
4. Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon Web Services is one of the trusted names in on-demand secure cloud services and is one of the Best CDN services for WordPress in the world to speed up your site and secure it from dreaded online attacks.
AWS mainly consists of Amazon S3 and Amazon CloudFront. Both of these AWS platforms dubbed as Free Tier Accounts offer free sign-ups.
- Amazon S3 is a complete storage platform, which is easy to use, offer durable data infrastructure, high levels of reliability, easy data transfer, security, and scalability. S3 is designed to manage massive scales of data (irrespective of its format) in a reliable manner.
- Amazon CloudFront is a global CDN service that delivers high data transfer speeds with low latency to your site users. CloudFront also provides high levels of security for your data.
You can sign up for a free Amazon S3 as well as a CloudFront account via their AWS Free Usage Tier plan. The features under this plan are free for one year. However, the storage prices can vary by region and you only pay as you go as per your usage. There are no minimum fees for any of these accounts.
Note: Please be aware that CloudFront is for developers and not for regular inexperienced users.
You can easily integrate AWS into your WordPress site via this AWS WordPress plugin.
This is a UK based CDN service provider that offers fast and reliable CDN service to website owners.
Easy to use – CDNify offers an incredibly simple interface to control your website resources and other CDN settings.
Real-time Analytics – Keep track of a wide variety of analytics data and stay up-to-date with the usage statistics of your site.
Fast SSD Network – The network utilizes Solid State Drives that offers faster performance than other CDNs that use regular hard drives.
Cache Management – You get full authority over your files enabling you to purge them instantly on all edge locations (or POPs).
Global coverage – With POPs spread across USA, Europe, and Asia, CDNify boasts super-fast performance across continents.
You can choose from any of the four pricing plans to sign up to CDNify CDN service.
- Enterprise – This plan starts at $250 per month offering 5TB of bandwidth. You can add 20 websites with this plan.
- Enterprise 10 – Pay $500/month to avail this plan and make use of 10TB bandwidth. It allows 30 websites.
- Enterprise 20 – At $1000/month and 20TB of bandwidth, there’s no limit on the number of websites on this plan.
- Enterprise 50 – At $2000 per month, you can add as many websites as you want with this plan. The bandwidth limit is 50TB.
Integrating your WordPress site with CDNify is a breeze with this CDNIfy Manager WordPress plugin.
Launched in 2011, CDN77 takes pride in having the coveted European Space Agency and other space organizations as their clientele. Owing to this, their servers are capable of delivering vast volumes of data that comprise of ultra-HD images and videos of the cosmos.
Extensive network – CDN77 has 32 POPs spread across 5 continents and 27 countries. However, they have costlier pricing plans for Asia, Australia, and South America.
Flexible pricing – You can pay as you go, which means you only need to pay for the byte you consume. CDN77 also offers a 14-day free trial.
Absolute Control – CDN77 offers complete control over your website resources. You can enable or disable any data center of your choice.
Free requests – You need not pay for HTTP or HTTPS requests.
CDN77 offers three different pricing plans depending on your bandwidth usage and the location of visitors.
Up to 5TB – Only pay $0.049 per GB for traffic from the US and Europe. Traffic from Asia and Pacific and Latin America are costlier at $0.125 and $0.185 per GB respectively.
Similarly, 5 – 500TB and high volume plans (over 500TB) have different rates for different bandwidth ranges.
CDN77 CDN services can be seamlessly integrated with your WordPress site through the W3 Total Cache plugin.
The folks at CDN77 have come up with this easy step-by-step tutorial to make this integration as easy as possible for you.
Based in Chicago, CacheFly has more than 40 POPs spread across six continents. Their servers are designed to deliver large files quickly thanks to their high throughput. Apart from offering improved loading speed, CacheFly servers also provide high levels of security to your sites.
Handles Huge Traffic – CacheFly network’s high scalability enables it to tackle large traffic surges – without a glitch.
Fast Replication – Crucial updates goes live in a few seconds – not hours.
Real-time reporting – Stay updated about your site’s performance as and when it happens.
Easy integration to CMS – CacheFly platform easily integrates into a variety of CMS platforms including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, and others.
You can sign up for 30 days free custom trial period after a free consultation. After the trial period, you must pay as per your pricing plan agreed upon during the consultation.
CacheFly CDN can be easily integrated into your WordPress site with the CDN Enabler Plugin. Please follow this guide to easily set up the plugin.
Site speed or loading time is a serious ranking factor in obtaining higher search engine rankings.
According to studies, A fast site must load in 2 seconds or less. The higher the loading speed, lesser will be your chances to retain visitors. So you just cannot afford a slow loading site. And you also want your site to remain protected against all online threats.
This makes CDN services the ‘Holy Grail’ for your site’s speed, performance, and security! And a helpful review of the Best CDN Services for WordPress sites only makes your selection process easier.
Recommendations: Among the seven CDN services that I’ve reviewed, CloudFlare’s CDN stays head and shoulders above the rest in terms of features and pricing. The other two CDN services that give the best bang for the buck are MaxCDN and KeyCDN.
Yes, I know, there are more CDN service provider there, but these are arguably the best!
Have you used any of these CDN services for your WordPress site? What has been your experience with a CDN service?
Further Readings you might find interesting…
Most SEO friendly Permalink Structure for WordPress
How to Optimize Images in WordPress
Cache Gravatar Images in WordPress for WP Optimization
Enable Keep-Alive in WordPress to Speed up Your Site