In this post, I will share few Tips and Tricks to use Google Hangouts in Gmail.
Initially, this post was focused on a tick to know about the people Who is Online from Android Device or iPhone Device from your Gmail Chat Box aka GTalk. In earlier 2017, Google has suspended the GTalk service completely and replaced GTalk with Hangouts. After that tricks were mentioned in this tutorial becomes irrelevant.
However, I have updated this post instead of deleting it with some features and functionality you can use directly from your Gmail Inbox.
Nowadays, Google Hangouts comes as default chat service with Gmail account.
Google Hangouts is loaded with few additional features like send messages to a chat contact while he or she is offline. Users can set Moods in place of Status in Google Hangouts.
This chatting tool carries most of the good features of GTalk like, you can chat with people directly from your inbox. Now, you can also experience the Video and Audio Call feature from Google Hangouts.
Here I am sharing some new cool features and options available Google Hangouts.
Tips and Tricks to use Google Hangouts
Status options come with Hangouts by default
- You can show when you were last active,
- From which device you are currently active E.g. Mobile, Tablet or Desktop
- You can also show that you are on a video or voice call from your device.
Settings to manage Hangouts notifications
- Mute or turn off the notifications for a period of time E.g. 1 hour, 2 hour or 12 hours.
- Turn ON or OFF sounds for incoming messages or
- ON/OFF the Ring on incoming phone calls
Here is a default screenshot of Google Hangouts options in Gmail.
More options to explore
- You can access Archived Messages
- Invite people to join you
- You can also block a person directly from Hangout settings.
- And see your hidden contacts if any.
Nowadays most of us are using Gmail and Hangouts on mobile devices. And many times we wonder whether a friend is online on a computer or he or she is online from a mobile device.
You can easily find this out from the Hangout Box. If somebody is online from a personal computer, it will show colored bullet points or video cam icon as shown previously in Google Chat.
Hope you find these Tips and Tricks to use Google Hangouts in Gmail helpful. Do let us know if you use to know about any other trick or you use in Gmail related to Google Hangouts. If you have any query regarding this guide please post your query in the comment section below.