You must have heard about the WordPress Page Builder Plugins. Did you know that there are more than twenty plus page builders available in the market? And each one of them has their own USP (Unique Selling Proposition), as some key features of one you might not found in another.
But which WordPress Page Builder Plugin is the best? Which offers value for your money? Which are the best free WordPress Page Builder Plugins? And which builder plugin will be the best option for you?
And do you know that WordPress Page Builder Plugin also called WordPress Drag and Drop Page Builder Plugin? Or some prefer to call it WordPress Visual Page Builder Plugins.
I will try to answer all of your questions in this post by comparing and reviewing Best WordPress Drag and Drop Page Builder Plugins.
We will also find out; which page builder plugin is suitable for most of the modern Web Development requirements. Read on for the details.
Table of Contents
- What is a WordPress Page Builder or WordPress Drag and Drop Page Builder Plugin?
- Why Use WordPress Page Builder Plugin?
- What Functionality does a Page Builder offer to its users?
- How to Choose the Best WordPress Page Builder Plugin
- Best WordPress Page Builder Plugins (Free + Premium)
- Which is the Best WordPress Page Builder Plugin
- Wrapping It Up
What is a WordPress Page Builder or WordPress Drag and Drop Page Builder Plugin?
WordPress Page Builder is an additional drag and drop web page editor which enables you to create/edit webpages easily. These WordPress visual page builders come with easy to use interface, built-in functionality, and features for various design customizations. You can create great looking professional website using these visual page builder plugins.
Why Use WordPress Page Builder Plugin?
There was a time when I used to build and design websites in plain HTML.
At that time, this traditional way of building and designing websites was quite troublesome, especially for the beginners, because a brief knowledge of coding was fundamentally required.
In fact, for my personal projects, I still prefer coding over page builders to build a website. However, I recommend the use of WordPress page builder plugins to the beginners and for my clients, who want some basic functionality of content editing on a comprehensive website.
After the evolution of WordPress and its plugins, things have become quite easy.
Now you can easily design web pages with your own choice of fonts, images, templates, logo, etc. with the help of WordPress Drag and Drop Builder Plugins.
If you have just started using WordPress or it is your first interaction with WordPress, then you might face multiple complications while designing a web page.
WordPress provides many tools to customize webpages with an ease and WordPress Drag and Drop plugins are one of those tools.
Now you might be thinking,
What Functionality does a Page Builder offer to its users?
A page builder allows its user to create their own template design, set of fonts, row, columns, images and other multimedia without coding.
Drag and drop is an easy process and users don’t have to switch to pages for looking at the results. That means you can work on a webpage design on the front-end and see the changes live. WordPress Visual Builder Plugins provide a very easy and systematic module to customize web pages.
Though Page Builder Plugins make the process of designing professional webpages easy, page builders cannot solve all the issue regarding designing webpages for sure. Especially for some specific design needs, you might need a helping hand for coding.
There are many popular Free WordPress Page Builder Plugins available in the WP repository. You might have also come across a few Premium WordPress Page Builder Plugins, which are equally recommended by the professionals.
Below, we are going to examine both Paid and Free WordPress Page Builder Plugins.
But, before we dig into the details, we must know the criteria to evaluate the best page builder plugin. So, let get started with…
How to Choose the Best WordPress Page Builder Plugin
Now, as you have understood what is a WordPress Page Builder Plugin, I assume that you already have a primary orientation of WordPress and its functionality.
I am going to review and compare drag and drop builder plugins based on the following parameters.
- Ease of Use – Does the page builder plugin is easy to use and understand? How intuitive user interface the page builder has?
- Compatibility – Is the page builder is compatible with the most popular WordPress themes and theme frameworks?
- Functionality – Various unique features each page builder has to offer?
- Pre-Made Layouts – How many pre-made layouts are being offered by the page builder plugin? The quality of layouts and pre-made layouts diversification for different niches/projects.
- Flexibility – The dependability on the page builder. Will you have scope/flexibility to work without the use of page builder? What will happen to your webpages when you disable the plugin?
- Value for Money – Does the asking price of the page builder plugin justify?
Based on these parameters, I will give points to each page builder and compare all of them together before wrapping up.
If you just wanted to know which WordPress Page Builder Plugin I recommend, you are welcome to skip the details and jump to the recommendation section.
Best WordPress Page Builder Plugins (Free + Premium)
Here is the list of Best WordPress Page Builder Plugins available in the market, which I am going to compare and review…
- Beaver Builder
- Elementor – WordPress Page Builder
- Page Builder by SiteOrigin
- Page Builder – LiveComposer
- Unyson Page Builder
- Divi Builder by Elegant Themes
- Conductor – A unique Page Builder
- WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer Page Builder)
- Themify Builder
#1. Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is our first plugin in the list of free WordPress page builder plugins for its user-friendliness and highly customizable features.
You can make the changes in the module, rows, and columns from the right and see the results, both at the same time.
Its modules are highly customizable with themes, fonts, templates, images, etc. They have also launched their new feature, with the help of it you can see how your webpages will look on small devices.
Features of Beaver Builder
- Plenty of page designing templates
- Column-based layouts
- It has content module- HTML, images, text editor, audio-video and sidebar.
- Separation of page builder from the theme
- Mobile-based customization
- A big community and fantastic support
- Nice user interface
- Support third party WordPress widget and short-codes
- It is developer friendly
- It is also Woo-commerce compatible
- Unlimited site license but only on premium plans
WordPress Plugin Link- Beaver Builder
Why you should consider Beaver Builder
Beaver builder is one of the best free WordPress page builder plugins in the WordPress plugin repository due to its features and user-friendliness.
However, it will cost you if thinking to use extra features which require premium plans starting from $99 to $399. Now it’s up to you at what level you want to make use of it.
Based on our criteria, I would rate it 8 out of 10.
#2. Elementor – WordPress Page Builder
Elementor is the best front-end and free WordPress page builder plugin. It has a live-editing feature which allows users to edit the design and the same time you can preview how it would look like.
With the help of this plugin, you can create fully responsive pixel perfect design and it can be used with any web page type, homepage, sale page, blog posts and more. Let’s have a look at some major features of it.
Elementor – WordPress Page Builder Features
- Speed is much faster than other plugins
- Live design & inline editing
- Designer touch affects like-Box Shadows, Background Overlays, Hover Effects, Headline Effects, Animations, Shape Dividers, Gradient Backgrounds and much more.
- 100+ WordPress templates
- Exclusive toolkit to create a mobile-friendly design
- Maintenance or under construction mode for showing coming soon to visitors
- Design whole page not only header or footer
- It has free 25+ free editing widgets
- Multilingual support
- Its free and open source
WordPress Plugin Link – Elementor – WordPress Page builder
What I like about Elementor – WordPress Page Builder
With ample features, Elementor is one of the best free WordPress drag and drop page builder plugin. Its various tools and features make it highly customizable to build a perfect design for your webpage.
Still, it has premium plans to activate most of the important features. Plans are starting from $49 to $199. Now it’s up to you which you want to adopt according to requirements.
My Rating for Elementor – WordPress Page Builder plugin is 6 out 10.
#3. Page Builder by SiteOrigin
The biggest plus point of Page Builder by SiteOrigin plugin is, it’s all free. It contains basic module; selected design templates and the user interface is decent.
It’s not shortcode based so if somehow plugin gets deactivated, your website content won’t look weird. This is quite an important factor to make it the best free WordPress page builder plugin in the market.
It has no plenty of features in comparison with other contenders but it is reliable and free especially if you are looking for a plugin with basic features without so many distractions.
Features of Page Builder by SiteOrigin
- Freedom to choose themes
- Simple drag and drop interface so user don’t have to do a single coding
- Supports live editing
- Its history browser allows you to look over the previous changes you have made in designs
- It’s free and always will be
- Available in 17 languages
- Documentation availability
- Lifetime updates
WordPress Plugin Link – Page Builder by SiteOrigin
What makes Page Builder by SiteOrigin Awesome
The one thing which I personally loved about this drag and drop page builder plugin is, it’s free availability and developer support.
Page Builder by SiteOrigin plugin providing many customizations and designing tools. It supports back-end editing so sometimes you can face difficulties in editing web pages if not having an idea of coding.
So, the limitation of this WordPress visual page builder plugin is, if the user wants some advanced features and front-end editing feature then he has to choose the other plugin.
I shall definitely rate this plugin 7 out 10 because it defiantly offers at par premium features for free.
#4. Page Builder: Live Composer
Live Composer Page Builder is a cost-free WordPress page builder plugin. It’s an open source and design-oriented WordPress page editor.
It has 30+ modules packed with functionalities to design endlessly without a single coding. In any case, if you face any problem you can take professional support easily.
More than 50,000 people are using Live composer so here we can say how popular it is.
It’s Features – Page Builder: Live Composer
- Simple, Powerful and Free
- 30+ Modules having immense functionalities and styling options
- Front-end editing for real-time response and preview
- It has 40+ content modules for quick and easy composing of the pages
- Mobile responsive
- It is integrated with WordPress so works very well with all themes
- You can exportExport/Import Sections, Layouts
- Lifetime updates
WordPress Plugin Link – Page BuilderLive Composer
Why one should go with the Page Builder: Live Composer
Page Builder: Live Composer plugin has powerful features and it also provides lifetime updates to users. But, it is new in the market and also it could be complicated for new WordPress users.
In comparison with others, this free WordPress visual page building plugin has fewer features and designing tools and most people prefer it to design blogging web pages.
The plugin should score 6 out of 10.
#5. Unyson Page Builder
Unyson is a Free Drag and Drop Page Builder plugin. It comes with a pack of various built-in extensions which are helpful in developing a premium theme for webpages.
With this free WordPress page builder plugin, you can set an automated backup schedule, import demo content or migration processes.
It can create countless pages using content and media short-codes. It’s powerful and offers many features at zero cost.
Features of Unyson Page Builder
- Built-in extensions and option are easy to work with
- Supports content and media short-codes to unlimited page creation
- Backup-Support for demo content and migration processes
- SEO-friendly and setting at fingertips
- Sliders which support images and videos
- User-friendly menu for better customization
- Documentation and responsive customer support system
WordPress Plugin Link – Unyson Page Builder
Why Unyson Page Builder exists
Unyson is a popular and free WordPress page builder plugin with thousands of users but needs improvisations in features and functionalities.
Still, it’s free of cost and can’t provide powerful features like other competitors.
I would rate it 5 out of 10, because of its basic features.
#6. Divi Builder by Elegant Themes
Divi Builder by Elegant theme is one of the best paid WordPress Page Builder plugin. It’s a plugin with full-page building solution which allows you to create stunning webpages without any coding knowledge.
It is supportable with any WordPress theme and makes it easy to design webpages. Divi Builder has many content modules and built-in templates to design webpages.
Divi Page Builder has a pretty and intuitive interface to work on and designing tools to build an attracting webpage. Let’s find other important features of it.
Features of Divi Builder
- Fully-functional page-building solution
- 40+ versatile content modules for website’s attracting customization
- It has 50+ pre-made high-quality templates
- Anything is customizable with its advanced settings elements color, size, spacing, fonts, and more
- Fully responsive to any device- PC, mobile or iPad
- Work with any WordPress theme
WordPress Plugin Link – Divi Builder by Elegant Themes
Why Divi Builder is highly recommended
It’s a spectacular WordPress page builder plugin with a fully functional pack for page building. It has immense functionality with different modules and template designs. The builder does support front-end editing, so you can easily see the changes you have made on the pages.
But it has drawbacks too if you disable the plugin all the changes you have made will be lost and just codes will appear on your webpage. So, need to keep the plugin updated and avoid any accidental crash or plugin disable.
This premium plugin offers unlimited sites yearly subscription for $89 to lifetime subscription for $249, which quite seem costly. However, if you compare the features, it is worth your money.
The plugin definitely ranked higher among others and I would like to rate it 8 out of 10.
The conductor is a great and responsive tool which is very well supported for services like woo-commerce, WordPress, Pods and Ninja forms and this facility making it a unique WordPress visual page builder plugin.
It’s custom designing with rich layouts provides you a better customizing experience. It can be fully integrated with WordPress so, editing WordPress webpages becomes an easy task.
Conductor – WordPress Page Builder Plugin Features
- User can create customer layouts and display content
- Real-time front-end editing preview
- Insert any widget active on your site and modify it
- Easy to drag and drop display
- Great customer support
- User can put content from specific category for page type
- Seamless integration with woo-commerce
- Fully WordPress compatible
WordPress Plugin Link – Conductor
Why one can consider Conductor
The conductor is the best plugin when it comes to integration with WordPress and Woo Commerce. But it provides its premium features at a high cost. Plans starting from $99 to $399 make a person think of alternatives available on less price.
The plugin scores 6 out of 10.
#8. WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer Page Builder)
WPBakery Page Builder plugin for WordPress is one of the best and very powerful page builders and received a couple of awards too. It is said to be the most innovative site building tool.
The page builder has 50,000+ users and has a big community to solve any problem. It also provides regular updates to its users. And customizing with it is quite easy. Let’s discuss its features.
Features of WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer Page Builder)
- Custom Page design in real time
- Huge customer support
- Custom page layout in minutes
- Supports any WordPress themes
- Supports Yoast Plugin for SEO
- No shortcodes left behind when the plugin is deactivated
- Front-end editing
- 100% open source
- Export and import option- user can import or export any section or even whole pages
- Mobile responsive
- Proper documentation and updates
WordPress Plugin Link – WPBakery Page Builder
What makes WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer Page Builder) most used
WPBakery Page Builder is the most used free WordPress page builder plugin. Its big customers’ support and documentation make the easy solution for any issue. Front-end editing provides a real-time preview of the page.
But, just like some other page builders, it also provides some of its premium features after you purchase their subscription pack, which costs around $45. It’s not that much in comparison with other paid plugins. You can hit a try on it.
I would rate it 7 out of 10.
#9. Themify Builder
The last best visual page builder on this list is from the house of Themify, called Themify Builder. Themify is a well know and popular WordPress theme developer with a large user base. The Themeify builder is a robust and instinctive drag and drop page builder for WordPress.
You can use this powerful page builder to design any layout you can imagine with writing a single line of code. And from last year, the Themify builder is available for free with its basic features. You can use this visual page builder with any WordPress theme to customize your webpages.
Features of Themify Builder
- 40+ professional developed pre-design layouts
- Easy to use backend interface with drag & drop modules
- What you see is what you get – Live editing with Frontend mode
- Multiple layout parts, rows and columns for easy design.
- 60+ animation effects
- Various options for custom styling
- Works with Any Post Type
WordPress Plugin Link – Themify Builder
Why Themify Builder stands out
The primary reason I like the Themify Builder most is its free availability on WordPress depository. And the second thing which makes it stand out from the crowd is regular updates and its. community support.
In the free version of Themify Builder, you will get plenty of features to make a decent website. However, if one needs to access all the features you need to buy Themify membership starts from $59.
I would score it 7 out of 10 for its free features.
Which is the Best WordPress Page Builder Plugin
I am assuming that now you would have a considerable idea about various page builders, their features and offerings.
So, which is the best WordPress Page Builder Plugin?
I would say it totally depends on your requirements. Before you decide to go with anyone, I would suggest you do an assessment of your requirements and then decide which suits your needs.
However, I personally recommend Elementor – WordPress Page Builder (free version) and Divi Builder (Paid version), if you are looking for customizing your new website or want to add some extra creativity in the design of the old website.
It’s easy in use, multiple functionalities for better customization and has full doc support. Apart from this, it is much faster than the other plugins, while working.
Yes, it may cost you around $49 for Elementor and to $89 for Divi builder for one year. But its value for money and it will provide immense features. Both builders are used world-widely and provide instant technical support.
Another recommendation from my side is Beaver Builder. Beaver has everything to offer and I quite like it. I am currently using all three recommended WordPress Drag and Drop Page Builders, but to serve different cases. For my long-term clients, I prefer to use Divi due to its powerful feature list and easy front end editing.
Wrapping It Up
As we have compared these best paid and free WordPress page builder plugins, you must have got a pretty much idea about them.
Their features, drawbacks, prices, etc. with the free version you can work on a few features and with their premium plans can do plenty of customizations.
You can choose the best option after looking upon requirements and what features are needed. We hoped this article helped you in finding the best free WordPress page builder of your choice.
Which WordPress visual page builder did you use, do let us know in the comments section below.
Interesting reads, you might found useful –