Learn, How Conducting a Quiz on your website help you to increase user engagement. How to Conduct a Quiz on your WordPress website. Which are the Free WordPress Quiz Plugins you should try? In this article, I am going to Compare and Review Best Free WordPress Quiz Plugin for your website.
Benefits of Conducting Quizzes on your Website
Increase User Engagement (reduce bounce rate)
Only high traffic is not sufficient for the success of a website. It’s the higher user engagement which comes next-in-line with the traffic to the site. In fact, these two are the most important factors which could make your online business successful.
Higher traffic means attracting more and more visitors to your website. And user engagement means to stick visitors on the webpage for a certain amount of time.
There are many tricks you can apply to Increase User Engagement. But, perhaps the most popular method is, to conduct a quiz on a targeted webpage. Quizzes increase user engagement and reduce bounce rate of the website. And if the quizzes on your website are interested enough, quizzes can help you convert a random visitor into regular visitor as well.
Increase Conversions Rate
When users spent more time (higher engagement) on your website, businesses have more of time to showcase and sell products & services to Increase Conversion Rate (higher engagement leads to better chances of conversion). Check out how companies are making million converting their quiz traffic (read here).
More Social media shares (means More Traffic)
You must have seen links like ‘Which Game of Thrones character you are?’ Or ‘Which Mahabharat character you are?’ in News Feed of your social media profiles.
Actually, these are the links to quizzes which at the end of the quiz, tell that which character of a popular show/story you are, based on your answers. And the quiz result also comes with the option to share your quiz result (i.e. the name of character) with your friends and family on your social media profile like Facebook, Twitter etc.
Don’t you think, it’s an additional perk (apart from the reduction in bounce rate & improvement in conversion) in the form of more traffic from social media platforms to your website. More social media shares mean more traffic. And quizzes help you get more social media shares.
What do you need to create your first Quiz on your WordPress site?
You need nothing much but just a right WordPress Quiz plugin as per your quiz requirements.
You must have heard that more than 28% of the websites available on the internet are powered by WordPress. The WordPress platform offers many plugins to Conduct a Quiz on your websites. There are free quiz plugins and paid ones, but in this article, I will talk about only Free WordPress Quiz Plugins which really stand out in the crowd.
List of Free WordPress Quiz Plugins
Here is the handpicked list of Best Free WordPress Quiz Plugins.
- WP Quiz
- Wp Pro Quiz
- Quiz and Survey Master
- Poll, Survey, Quiz, Slideshow & Form Builder by OpinionStage
- HD Quiz
- mTouch Quiz
- Watu Quiz
- Quiz Cat
Note – This list is not in any order, however, I am going to recommend two free WordPress Quiz plugins after the comparison. Read on for the details.
#1 WP Quiz
WP Quiz WordPress Plugin is well-known for creating intuitive quizzes and display them on your website. The plugin allows you to create different types of Puzzles like Personality, Swiper, Flip Card and Trivia Puzzles etc. Conduct a quiz using this plugin and increase user engagement on your website. WP Quiz tops the list of our Free WordPress Quiz Plugins because of the following features.
Key Features of WP Quiz WordPress Plugin
- You can create unlimited quizzes.
- The plugin offers Responsive Quizzes design suitable for any display size.
- It supports almost all the WordPress themes.
- Offers Multiple Quizzes Type – Trivia, Personality, Flip, Swiper, Facebook etc.
- It has 6 different animation effects to apply over quizzes.
- You can easily show image credits using its inbuilt feature.
- Enjoy lots of customization features like adding video and image, single or multiple page layouts, social sharing buttons, auto scroll next question and many more.
- It provides one-click demo support for demonstrating, how it works demo.
- Provides HD video tutorial and 24/7 customer care support.
Pros and Cons of WP Quiz WordPress Plugin
- WP Quiz WordPress Plugin is available for free.
- Multimedia support in quizzes.
- Send and receive notification by email.
- Powerful configuration.
- Flexible quizzes available in various categories.
- Less documentation is available.
Download WP Quiz WordPress Plugin from here.
#2 Wp Pro Quiz
Wp Pro quiz is a powerful and highly customizable Free WordPress Quiz Plugin. You can access premium features of a quiz plugin without any cost. Wp Pro Quiz WordPress Plugin allows you to create quality quizzes in no time. You can build single and/or multiple type quizzes using this plugin. This HTML coded plugin is available in multiple languages.
Key Features of Wp Pro Quiz WordPress Plugin
- Multiple Question Types such as single, matrix, sorting etc.
- All you to set the time limit for quizzes.
- Images and Videos support in answers.
- Multi-lingual support (23 languages).
- You can send email notifications which will increase conversion rate.
- You can conduct a quiz using this plugin and set random questions and answers.
- Allows you to preview your quiz before publishing.
- Also offers the analytical statistics of the whole quiz data.
Pros and Cons of Wp Pro Quiz WordPress Plugin
- The Wp Pro Quiz WordPress Plugin is completely free.
- You can set hints for multiple questions types.
- Premium features available for exporting and importing of data.
- You can easily analyze the quiz results.
- Styling customization for quizzes is limited.
- Support documentation is limited.
The Wp Pro Quiz WordPress Plugin can be download from here.
#3 Quiz and Survey Master
Quiz and Survey Master WordPress Plugin has more than 10K active installations. It allows you to add multiple quizzes and surveys types on multiple pages of the website. You can easily conduct a quiz with this plugin on your website. The Plugin offers both free and paid version and with the premium version, you can get some extra benefits. Both versions work very well and help you to Increase User Engagement on the website, therefore, it comes on our list of Free WordPress Quiz Plugins.
Features of Quiz and Survey Master WordPress Plugin
- Easy to collect customer’s responses, feedbacks, plan events, validate ideas and more.
- Variety of question types available, such as true and false, open answer, multiple responses, drop down, fill in the blanks, number, captcha and more.
- It has built-in analysis to display customer’s responses to survey and quizzes.
- After finishing quizzes and surveys collecting email addresses is easy.
- A single quiz can be set on unlimited pages.
Pros and Cons of Quiz and Survey Master WordPress Plugin
- Email marketing to increase conversion rate.
- Multiple quizzes and survey type.
- Easy reporting and analysis.
- Text customizing.
- Social media sharing to increase user engagement.
- For each quiz, multiple results pages.
- Styling options are not user-friendly.
- For additional features, you have to go for the premium version.
You can download Quiz and Survey Master WordPress Plugin from here.
#4 Poll, Survey, Quiz, Slideshow & Form Builder by OpinionStage
Poll, Survey, Quiz, Slideshow & Form Builder by OpinionStage is another Free WordPress Quiz Plugin with useful features. The plugin allows you to manage all the quizzes and surveys from a single dashboard. It helps you to conduct a quiz, publish polls, surveys, slide shows and forms easily on your website.
Key Features of WordPress Quiz Plugin by OpinionStage
- Easy to manage all quizzes polls with a single dashboard.
- Different fonts and survey designs available for your use.
- It has a built-in feature for social media sharing to increase conversion rate.
- You can add images and videos on the quizzes to increase user engagement.
- You can also prevent people from giving a survey more than one time using its inbuilt option.
Pros and Cons of WordPress Quiz Plugin by OpinionStage
- Easy creation of multiple quizzes.
- Social sharing integration.
- Single dashboard to manage all activities.
- Multimedia support.
- Prevention from surveying multiple times.
- Only paid version supports some important features like importing and exporting the data.
- Free version shows opinion stage branding.
Download the Poll, Survey, Quiz, Slideshow & Form Builder by OpinionStage WordPress Plugin from here.
#5 HD Quiz
HD Quiz is a very easy to use plugin, to create unlimited quizzes for multiple web pages. It has a responsive design which is supported on small devices too. HD Quiz plugin is a strong plugin which allows you to conduct a quiz in Buzzfeed quizzes style. This Free WordPress Quiz Plugin comes with unique features, which are following…
Key Features of HD Quiz WordPress Plugin
- You can create unlimited quizzes.
- Mobile-friendly design- it supports all mobile and tablet devices.
- You can set timer for a particular quiz.
- Links can be embedded to quiz results to increase conversion rate.
- It allows Social Media Sharing to increase user engagement.
- Images can be used as answers, though there is a size limit of 400×400 pixels.
- Animated GIFs support for featured image of Quizzes.
Pros and Cons of HD Quiz WordPress Plugin
- Unlimited quizzes and each quiz have an individual option.
- Link building in results.
- Image support in answers.
- Touch-friendly- it is easy to answer the questions on touch type devices.
- Image support for featuring a question.
- No customer support and less documentation.
The HD Quiz WordPress Plugin can be downloaded from here.
Slickquiz is a very simple and dynamic solution for making quizzes for your websites. With simplicity, you can customize and conduct a quiz as they way you want. Slickquiz is a Free WordPress Quiz Plugin which allows you to create single or multiple correct answers for quizzes to increase user engagement. Multimedia support and social media sharing make this plugin a strong contender.
Key Features of Slickquiz WordPress Quiz Plugin
- It supports unlimited answers and unlimited questions.
- Sharing of results on Twitter and Facebook.
- You can save a quiz in the draft if you have made any changes.
- You can get user emails with the results to increase conversion rate.
- At showing the results, you can set customized ranking or score (8/10).
- You can prevent users from submitting the questions without answers.
- Create multiple quizzes on the single page.
Pros and Cons of Slickquiz WordPress Quiz Plugin
- No limit for answers to any question.
- Scorecard and ranking on results.
- Customizable text (buttons, scores, ranking).
- Questions and answers can be sorted or randomized.
- Question types are limited.
- No possibility of customizing the quiz styles.
You can download the Free Slickquiz WordPress Quiz Plugin from here.
#7 mTouch Quiz
mTouch Quiz WordPress Plugin allows you to add quizzes in very short time. mTouch is a Free WordPress Quiz Plugin for the people who love the simplicity and appealing design with a variety of features. The plugin has two strong points, Versatility and User Experience, which let you create engaging quizzes to increase user engagement.
Features of mTouch Quiz WordPress Plugin
- Allows you to setup multiple correct answers.
- You can set hint based answers.
- The quizzes are mobile friendly.
- Manage many quizzes with a single database.
- Customize Quizzes/forms with our own CSS.
- You can set up the random answers.
- Multiple themes and style fonts are available for design experimentation.
Pros and Cons of mTouch Quiz WordPress Plugin
- Navigation list for longer quizzes.
- Mobile friendly quizzes to increase conversion rate across devices.
- Option to set up the explanation after the solution.
- Plugin has not been updated for long and
- Only offers Single questions type.
You can access and download the mTouch Quiz WordPress Plugin from here.
#8 Watu Quiz Plugin
Watu is a Free WordPress Quiz Plugin for creating quizzes and exams (tests) for your website. You can display the results of exams or quiz immediately after the solution. With Watu WordPress Plugin, you can conduct a quiz of single-choice questions as well as multiple-choice questions as per your requirement.
Key Features of Watu Quiz WordPress Plugin
- You can create an unlimited number of quizzes, exams, and surveys.
- Setup Quiz result based on grade points, percentage, and percent of maximum possible points.
- The plugin has basic Social Sharing Capabilities.
- You can Increase Conversion Rate using notification emails.
- User can import questions from CVV or text files.
- You can design your own quiz themes.
- It allows you to use shortcodes to embed quizzes in posts or pages.
Pros and Cons of Watu Quiz WordPress Plugin
- Touch-friendly responsive design.
- An unlimited number of quizzes and exams.
- File Importability – Import data from files.
- Randomize questions.
- Multi-user management for teachers.
- Limited features with the free version.
Watu Quiz WordPress Plugin download link is here.
#9 Quiz Cat
Quiz Cat WordPress Plugin is the last plugin on this list, but definitely not the least. This quiz plugin, let you build viral quizzes, surveys for increasing your website’s traffic and to increase user engagement. It is easy to use and takes 2 minutes to set up and with its mobile-friendliness user can use it on any device.
Key Features of Quiz Cat WordPress Plugin
- Create viral tests which measure person’s knowledge.
- Helpful in building personality quizzes.
- A user can share their results on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and via email with a single click.
- Option to Show results after filling-up email address, which will be helpful to increase conversion rate by sending targeted emails.
- You can analyze the whole data that how much time the user spent on your website, answered quizzes, social media shares etc.
Pros and Cons of Quiz Cat WordPress Plugin
- Easy to use.
- You can access detailed analysis from your WP Dashboard.
- Offers email subscription option.
- HTML support is not available for this plugin
The Quiz Cat WordPress Plugin can be downloaded from here.
Which WordPress Quiz Plugin is Right for you
Hope you find this list of Free WordPress Quiz Plugins useful. Each plugin I have shared in this article has some unique features and functionalities. Free version some of the plugins mentioned above work very well and offer sufficient functionalities for most of the site owners. However, few plugins offer paid versions for extra features. It takes a lot of time to conduct a quiz manually, therefore, you will find quiz plugins helpful saving you some time. I believe that these plugins will definitely help you to increase user engagement by creating quizzes on your website.
Because offering quizzes on your website help generating more traffic to your website, user engagement and eventually, increase conversion rate. So, it becomes really crucial to choose the best quiz plugin for your website?
I mean really, what can be the criteria to select the best plugin out of them. Many of you might have your own criteria. But some of you would definitely like to go with one (plugin) which is offering more features for free?
Recommended WordPress Quiz Plugin
WP Quiz and Quiz and Survey Master, these two WordPress Quiz Plugins are giving ample features for free of cost. WP Quiz provides the mobile-friendly interface and you can make multiple quizzes over a single webpage. At the same time, Quiz and Survey Master is handy to collect customer’s responses and feedbacks (for better tuning to of quizzes) which makes it so popular. In addition to that, email marketing, social share integration are the features which make Quiz and Survey Master a strong contender. If you do not want many features and need an easy to use solution then you can give Quiz Cat a shot.
Still, our first recommendation would be WP Quiz because it has numerous features and is the most popular & trusted plugin among the WordPress community. In case some of your desired features are offered by Quiz and Survey Master, then go for it. Because there are many features this plugin is providing free of cost, which comes under the paid version of other plugins. First, figure out what features you are looking for in the quiz plugin then take a decision.
Steps to Setup WP Quiz WordPress
By the way, which other methods (in addition to conducting quizzes) do you use to increase conversion rate and users engagement on your website? Let us know your thoughts via the comments section below and share this post with your friends and peers.
More to Read…
- Best Free WordPress Web Push Notification Plugins
- 5 Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins – Reviewed and Compared
- WordPress SEO plugins you must use to Improve Search Engine Ranking