The easiest way to limit excerpt length in WordPress is by adding ‘Read More’ tag in your post, however you can limit excerpt length in WordPress by controlling number of words or number of characters…
Before start discussing about Minifying or Minification of your web page, you need to know its importance.
Why Minifying is so Important?
What is Minifying or Minification?
First you should mark a Baseline of your Website
First you need to know about the current status of your website. Get the baseline data of your website from Webpage analysis tools. There are many Webpage analysis tools available online for free. I would recommend you to get your PageSpeed Score from Google PageSpeed Insights, GTmetrix and Pingdom. Your PageSpeed Scores will be in form of given below pictures.
Take a look on your PageSpeed Scores and note down the Page Size, Load time and Number of Requests, I prefer Pingdom for these results. All you need to do is reduce your Page Size and Number of Requests because this is directly related to your Page Load Time.
Low Page Size + Less Number of Requests = Less Page Load Time.
- Install W3 Total Cache plugin and Activate it.
- Go the General Settings Tab and Find Minify settings
- Check Minify Enable setting as show in figure below and leave other options as default.
- Click on Save all Settings button, Clear all cache. And you are done.
- One of my favorite plugins is Autoptimize, I would highly recommend you to use this plugin. This plugin works pretty well, it has very simple user interface, setting options for normal and advance users. Use given below optimized settings (See screenshot below) for Autoptimize plugin.
- Install this plugin and activate it.
- Go to plugin’s setting panel
- Finally click on the Save Changes and Empty Cache button.
Online tools to minify CSS – You can use these online tool can Minify your CSS files.