Learn how to hide WhatsApp Audio from music player in Android phones. In fact, you can use the same method to hide (exclude) any audio or video or any other media file which you do not want to show in the media apps like music player, video player or gallery app, etc. of your android device.
And this method works with the devices of all the manufacturers like SAMSUNG, Oppo, Vivo, Google Pixel, OnePlus, RealMe, Xiaomi (Mi, Redmi, Poco), HUAWEI, Honor, and, Nokia, etc.
Table of Contents
Nowadays, almost everyone uses WhatsApp on the android phone. And there are occasions when audio files you received in WhatsApp messages start showing in Music Player.
Many times when you listen to music on your android phone, those media files came across from out of the blue and start playing in my shuffled playlist.
In the following paragraphs, I will share how you can easily hide WhatsApp audio from music player in android.
Wait a minute!
Are you wondering? How can you possibly listen (if you want to) WhatsApp audio files, once you hide them from the music player.
I will also tell you how to access and listen to those WhatsApp audio files which you have excluded from the media player.
The Solution: Hide WhatsApp Audio from Music Player in Android
There may be several solutions to exclude WhatsApp audio from music player in android.
But here, I am sharing the solution which is really easy and straight-forward.
In fact, I use the same method to hide WhatsApp audio from music Player on my phone.
All you need is to create a new blank file in the folder, content of which you want to hide from media app.
This blank file tells the media app that there is no media file in the folder location where this blank file is stored.
Here, a blank file is nothing but an ordinary file with a specific file extension but with no data in it.
Method#1: Let’s create the blank file!
(I explained the following method, assuming that you have not installed any app which can create files on phone/card storage i.e. file manager. If you already have a file manager app that can create files, you can use that app to create the blank file instead of the app mentioned below.)
Step by step instructions to hide WhatsApp audio from music player:
- Install Material Files app from Google Play Store.
- Open this App and navigate to the location of WhatsApp Audio folder
Phone/card Storage > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Audio.
- Tap on the ‘+‘ button on the bottom-right corner (as shown in the image below).
- Then, tap ‘File’ button from plus-button menu.
- Enter the file name as .nomedia and tap OK.
- That’s it, you’re done!
Now open your music play app, you will not find any of the WhatsApp audio there.
Note – In some cases, you may need to refresh the list of files in media app. Or you can completely close the music app and open it again.
Method#2: Let’s Copy the blank file!
If you are facing difficulty to implement method#1, or don’t want to apply the process of method#1 for some reason, here is an alternative method for you.
You need a file manager app for this method as well.
The stepwise process to copy .nomedia file to exclude (hide) media files:
- Open the file manager app on your phone (if you don’t have one, install the one mentioned in method#1).
- Go to Phone/card Storage > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Documents > Sent.
- In the ‘Sent’ folder look for .nomedia file (make sure you have enabled ‘Show hidden files’ option in your file manager app).
- Copy the .nomedia file and paste that to WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Audio folder.
- That’s all! Now check your media player, no WhatsApp audio files will appear in your music player app.
Alright, now you might be interested to know, how can you access and play those WhatsApp Audios which you have hidden from music player.
The simplest way is to access WhatsApp Audio files is to – play them in WhatsApp chat itself.
- You can play/open these files using the file manager App.
- Navigate to WhatsApp audio folder Phone/card Storage > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Audio.
- Then tap on any of audio file, an on-screen menu will pop up asking to select audio player to play that file.
- Tap on the relevant music player. It will start playing the WhatsApp audio file.
I hope this guide helps you to hide WhatsApp audio from music player. If you facing any problem, let me know via the comments below. I will be happy to help.